I hope this announcement finds everyone well with the current situation and I know there is so much disruption in all of our lives at the moment.
The banding activity in the UK and around the world is facing huge disruption from the pandemic. I have been planning with BYBA Council to ease some of the concerns our membership have.
To ensure that everyone has enough time to plan for the upcoming 2021 season, the regional reps met with me so that we could ensure that the season was planned around each region’s holidays. To that end, below are the contest dates for 2021. Some of the dates are pending venue availability and, therefore, have been noted as the weekend of, rather than a specific date.
- 19th/20th June – Northern Show – Show sponsor needed
- 3rd July – Coventry – Sponsored by the Midlands Region – Later starting show with a social evening afterwards
- 4th July – Corby – Sponsored by Liberty
- 18th July – Essex – Sponsored by Thurrock Marching Brass
- 5th September – Midlands Show – Show sponsor needed
- 19th September – Midlands Show – Sponsored by Stafford Brigade
- 2nd/3rd October – BYBA Finals
BYBA are looking for show sponsors for the Northern show in June and the Midlands show in September. If you would like to host a show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you will see above, we have a double header weekend within the Midlands on the 3rd and 4th July. The Saturday show will be a later starting show (timings tbc) and there will be a social evening afterwards, all are welcome.
In recent years, the shows have moved weekends which has made planning very difficult for bands to plan ahead. Moving forwards, the Association will keep a fixed calendar to make planning much easier for all involved. The shows above will remain on the same weekends (holidays permitting) and we will be releasing the 2022 calendar shortly.